1. How much does therapy cost? The price for a 45-minute session is $240 per session. Typically, sessions are weekly.
2. Can I use my insurance benefits? I am not a participating provider on any insurance plans. However, many health insurance plans will reimburse you for some of the "out-of-network" outpatient psychotherapy fee. If you plan to use your insurance, I will provide the necessary documentation to help you receive your entitled benefits. Please, keep in mind that you (and not your insurance provider) are ultimately responsible for the full payment of my fees.
3. How often and how long are therapy sessions? After establishing a customized therapeutic plan, I typically meet with clients on a weekly basis. However, our plan can be flexible and adjusted based on timing, cost, and client needs.
4. Do you prescribe medication? No, as a licensed clinical psychologist, I can't prescribe medication as I don't have the credentials to do so. However, I do have a network of well-respected psychiatrists whom I refer to for medication management for clients when relevant.
5. What is your late arrival/cancellation policy? Twenty-four business hour notice is required to cancel a session. If, for any reason, you are not able to give 24-hour notice, you will be charged for a full session fee of $240. Please note that insurance companies do not reimburse for canceled sessions, so you will be responsible for the full session fee.
6. How many therapy sessions do most clients attend? It depends. Most people attend at least 10-12 sessions, often more. Length of treatment is dependent upon many variables including type of concerns, severity of concerns, the longstanding nature of your concerns, etc. Upon garnering knowledge of your specific concerns, I can inform you whether short-term or long-term treatment is recommended. When challenges are more severe, they may take a bit longer to heal. You will get better results from therapy if you actively and consistently participate in the process.
7. Is it possible to meet over teletherapy? Yes! Due to the on-going concerns with the pandemic, all sessions will remain virtual.
8. Are you currently accepting new clients? Yes, we are accepting new clients. You can call Purposeful Life Therapy to set up your first appointment at 202-938-1022. Or you can click on the button “Request an Appointment” or “Book Now” to fill out a quick form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days.
9. How do I become a new patient? There are a few ways you can become a new patient. You can call Purposeful Life Therapy to set up your first appointment at 202-938-1022. Or you can click on the button “Request an Appointment” or “Book Now” to fill out a quick form and we will contact you within 1-2 business days.